Mildred Merkley Elementary School
All Merkley Elementary students will have the academic, social, and
emotional skills to be successful members of a global society.
The mission of the stakeholders at Merkley Elementary School is to
provide a caring and positive learning environment in which students
acquire the skills necessary to meet state standards and develop
critical thinking and problem solving skills. Our mission is also to
offer all students curricular and extra-curricular programs that will
help them build a life-long love of learning.
We believe that:
- Students are our number one priority.
- We must continually improve and strive for excellence.
- Education is the responsibility of all stakeholders in the school community.
- A positive school environment is essential for the learning process.
- Students learn best when actively engaged in the learning process.
Technology is a large part of the daily life of students
and staff at Merkley. Students are exposed to a variety of
instructional approaches that focus on technology as a tool for
learning. Teachers and students utilize technology in all academic
areas. The building houses a 32 workstation computer lab, a 36
workstation mobile computer lab, a digital whiteboard, digital video and
still cameras, and an Apple workstation on each teacher desk. Teachers
have been trained to use these technologies to support daily